Friday 3 May 2013

My favourite IPhone apps – part 1

I admit I’m a geek.  I love my gadgets and technology.  I was also adamant I was not going to become an Apple fan girl.  Previously I’ve had a HTC Windows phone running Windows Mobile 7 which I liked but had a few flaws.  However, two years ago my husband bought an IPhone then I bought an IPod and I realised they really are rather good.

Siri and ICloud Reminders and Notes - I’ve grouped these together as they are standard Apple apps and I would struggle to cope without them.  Along with my Bluetooth headset, whilst I’m on my commute to and from work I often remember things I should be doing or adding to.  I just wish reminders could be set for the 2nd Monday in the month etc rather than just the basic scheduling.

Calendar linked with Google calendar.  I’ve managed to colour code 7 different Google calendars which I can view at an instant on my IPhone.  I immediately know where my family should be and whether my shared treatment room is available or already booked. 

Dropbox – It enables me to share files not only between all of my devices (PC’s and Apple devices) but also shares files with other people.  I realise the security of any Cloud based storage isn’t completely secure so I don’t use Dropbox for anything confidential.

Social Media – Facebook and Twitter are my two main SM apps although I also like to browse Instagram.  I don’t find the Facebook Pages app that useful as I’d like to share other Pages information from my IPhone as I can on my PC.  Hopefully, that will be in a future release.

MyFitnessPal – used daily to track my calorie intake and expenditure. 

Met Office – also used daily to check what the weather is going to be like in the coming 5 days. 

Oops, it’s only when you start documenting your favourite apps you realise how long the list could be.  Therefore, part 2 (and possibly even part 3) coming in a fortnight. 
  
As always, thanks for reading and if you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you below.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment