Friday 19 April 2013

Mini madness

I’m not sure which Philofaxy blog or comment triggered my latest Filofax acquiring session (possibly Wallet pockets http://philofaxy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/wallet-pockets.html) or Lime Tree’s guest blog (http://philofaxy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/a-mini-solution-guest-post-lime-tree.html) but I’ve been on a bit of a spending spree!

With the upcoming Spring season here in the Northern Hemisphere, I like to change handbags to something smaller and/or lighter.  Whilst I love my Baroque, where size matters, it’s rather chunky.  Also, most of my handbags have dark interiors.  I use a black purse and a black handbag organiser and I was losing the black Baroque.  I want to open my handbag and my mini Filofax is immediately visible.

A quick look on AdSpot on Philofaxy and I found a gorgeous vintage pink Malden.  A beautiful spring colour and lovely and soft with lots of pockets.  I’ve not taken any photos as there are plenty of mini Malden photos on the web.

However, I was also prowling Ebay and not one but two possible mini’s finished at similar times – and I won both. 

Allow me to introduce my two gorgeous purchases (along with my other mini’s).






As you can see, the Scarlett Piccadilly has no wallet/note pocket but this means it is the slimmest.  The deep red vintage Windsor oozes class and refinement but is a little stiff.  So which of those four has won my heart and a coveted place in my handbag . . .

The Scarlett Piccadilly has temporarily won however, now it is easy to swap and change my Filofax along with the weather, season, occasion or handbag. 

Which is your favourite mini?

As always, thanks for reading and if you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you below.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook




Quick disclaimer; I am not a medical practitioner so therefore I’m not prescribing.  All of my blog posts are based on complementary therapies and not as a replacement for conventional medicine.  

8 comments:

  1. I also just purchased a mini to use as a wallet! I can't wait for it to arrive. And I plan to use Lime Tree's hack to make little pockets to hold my cards. I hope yours works out well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janis. I'm currently loving my scarlet mini. I know it's only been a week but that long in the Folifax world :D

      I hope your mini works out fabulous too. Which one did you get?

      Delete
  2. I also just purchased a mini to use as a wallet! I can't wait for it to arrive. And I plan to use Lime Tree's hack to make little pockets to hold my cards. I hope yours works out well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently purchased my first Mini - a Finchley in Jade Green on ebay - to go with it's older siblings - a Pocket, a Personal and an A5 all in the same oh-so-soft Finchley leather as well as the soothing Jade Green color! I haven't used it yet but since spring is really knocking at the door, I think soon would be a good time to start! Hope you all enjoy your Mini's, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the Finchleys too wow that's some collection. I would love to see a photo of your collection.

      Delete
  4. Hi there,
    I am a fan of minis too. Does the mini Piccadilly have a smaller ring size than the mini Malden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Baggirl, thanks for the question. It is something I hadn't thought about so I've just rushed home from work to measure. The two more modern mini's (Baroque and Malden) have 13mm rings and the Piccaddily and Windsor have 11mm rings.

      Delete
    2. Thanks - I had a feeling that the rings on a mini had got slightly bigger. I love slim minis, but I think I need 13mm rings too! (I'd love a mini with no "back pocket" like the Piccadilly, and 13mm rings)

      Delete