Friday 23 December 2011

Winter review

OK so I know we are all busy in the run up to Christmas but my next blow post isn’t due until Friday 30th December (I try and publish a blog post every Friday) and I wanted to give you all something to think about between Christmas and New Year.

Now is an ideal time to look back and review.

According to some calendars, yesterday (21st December) was the Winter Solstice. However technically, the shortest day this year falls on the 22nd December. See here for some further details:- http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-solstice-on-december-21 I found this fascinating and enlightening. For me, I can now start to celebrate the start of longer, lighter days. It is also a reminder for me to spend some time in the sun, even 10 minutes during my lunch break and I feel much happier.

I have a routine where I look at my tasks, to-do’s which have been written in my Filofax. This happens weekly, monthly and yearly and I carry forward what hasn’t been completed, what needs to be updated and what no longer applies.

Also remember to look back and review the last year on how you have grown emotionally and spiritually. Reviews also include what didn’t work, how can this be improved?

How about keeping a notepad around during the excitement of Christmas of present wrapping on Christmas morning and writing down who received what present so you can write thank you notes. Did you receive any thank you notes last year and if so, how did they make you feel. I love receiving thank you notes (especially hand written ones) so I hope the recipients of my notes get that same feeling.

Thank you for reading my blog. Wishing you all a wonderful and peaceful Christmas.

Follow me on Twitter


Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment