Friday 21 October 2011

Routines

Following on from my organisational blog last week, I also realise our family thrives on routines. We all (ok so the kids and I know the routine, hubby tags along) follow the routine so we know pretty much what time we should be doing certain things.

For example

6.00am Get up, tidy house, prepare kids breakfasts
7.00am Exercise & Me time
8.00am Shower & get ready for work/school
8.30am Feed rabbit and get everything ready
8.45am Leave for school

3.00pm Collect kids from school, empty book bags and lunch boxes.
Action any letters immediately. Get homework and reading
done so the next few hours are play/chill time
6.00pm Dinner
7.00pm Bedtime routine

This routine (or the basis of this routine) happens 6 days out of 7 for us. OK there are exceptions (Cubs, Swimming, Football training etc) but in our frantic mornings even our youngest knows when certain TV programs have finished, it’s time to go upstairs. (For that reason I hate it when the TV schedule changes).

I’m more of a morning person so try to get as much accomplished before lunch. 7am is my ‘Me’ time and woe betide anyone who disturbs me (the children also realise this is my time and leave me alone) .

So do you follow a routine and how does it compare to the above? I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment